Acne is a disease, not a condition… and that differentiation is why so many people who suffer from acne don’t get the proper treatment for it!
In today’s blog, the Clear Skin Solutions team explains the mistakes y’all are probably making with your skin that is triggering acne breakouts (and what to do instead!)
What is Acne?
Acne is defined as a “chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms.” These spots and pimples come in the forms of whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and nodules.
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions around the globe and most commonly starts appearing during puberty, when the sebaceous glands (which are responsible for your skin’s oil production) begin to activate.
Acne is most often hereditary and is for life… but can be effectively managed if you work one on one with a specialist that knows how to treat your skin right!
Common Acne Mistakes (and What to Do Instead)
Let’s get this out of the way: falling off the wagon is okay! Whether it be:
- Backsliding on your acne-friendly diet
- Overbooking aggressive chemical peels, which can damage your skin’s barrier and, in turn, can further aggravate breakouts
- Using drying products at home that makes your skin overproduce oil
- Hopping on the latest trends instead of following expert advice
- …Or anything in between
It’s just a part of life. After all, falling off the proverbial horse isn’t what matters; how quickly you get back on the saddle is what does!
When people see the first signs of a breakout, it can be a knee-jerk reaction to go “all in” and start making huge changes to their daily routine… which is what Clear Skin Solutions’ founder, Nyki, describes as the fastest path to a “hot skin mess!” Along with the above skin extremes, we often see the use of astringent products that dry out the skin, using toothpaste, lemon juice, or other DIY “hacks”, sun tanning, picking, product hopping, and bandwagoning on the latest trend (all of which, you guessed it, lead to a “hot skin mess” scenario!)
Although acne clients of ours who fall off the wagon often come to us with their skin worse than ever, we know exactly how to remedy their skin woes: by going back to basics.
Once we repair, hydrate, and balance the skin to ensure optimal health, we move on to a blend of acne treatments and our Virtual Skin Program to ensure that your acne management is tailored specifically to your skin’s type, history, and goals.
Dr. Galoob’s Recommendations for How Professionals Should Treat Acne
Dr. Harry Galoob, one of Ardmore’s most trusted plastic surgeons, couldn’t agree more with our specialized treatment of acne. “I have been in practice since 1977. How the medical community approaches acne has been, in my experience, not good; most of the medical approaches to acne that I have seen and have been exposed to over the years have been primarily medication-based. Obviously the use of Accutane has, even though it has risks, been used consistently and is being used consistently, for example.
Nyki Dobson over at Clear Skin Solutions is really successful [at acne treatment]. Most physicians really don’t have an understanding of all the causes of acne, but if you have full-blown acne it’s going to come back unless you tackle the root causes… and I think that’s one of the things I’ve really been impressed with since I started sending all of my acne patients over to Nyki. She really is able to get these peoples’ skin under control; I’ve seen just some amazing results from her treatment, even with people who have failed treatments from other physicians. I think it’s incredible. I’ve yet to send a patient over who didn’t get an incredible result from Clear Skin Solutions.”
As mentioned above, we achieve this through a blend of in-spa treatments and our coveted Virtual Skin Program. This program encompasses:
- A 12-week guided program with your dedicated Skin Therapist
- eCourse curriculum, including walkthroughs,
- FAQs and how to’s
- 1 x 30 min 1:1 Clarity Call with your assigned skin therapist
- Ongoing communication and support with your assigned skin therapist via email during your 12-week program
- Your skin therapist will mail you your Hydration Starter Kit, which is essential for repairing the skin barrier and making it so the skin is the ideal canvas for all future treatments and/or products
- You will also be shipped a one-month supply of tester-sized professional skin care, including, but not limited to, the Clear Skin Solutions Renewal Serum Mandelic 5% and the Clear Skin Solutions RevitA Level One. Each of these will be integrated into your daily skin care in order to test and monitor your skin’s tolerance as we move your skin towards more active and transformative products
- Once it has been confirmed that your skin’s natural moisture barrier has been restored, you will be sent your biweekly custom skin care plan (plus exclusive access to the client-only section of our Clear Skin shop!)
We ensure that both our in-spa and virtual clients receive the same amount of customized, hands-on care and treatment. Regardless of which avenue you take, you will always have your dedicated skin therapist there to guide you through to the end of your clear skin journey!
Get Back on the Wagon Today With Help From Clear Skin Solutions
Reach out today to get started.