How is your skin holding up amid COVID-19? We here at Clear Skin Solutions have heard myriad answers from both our clients here in Ardmore, Oklahoma who we check in on and our Virtual Skin Program clients around the globe. The most common?
“I’ve been breaking out like crazy! I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.”
“My skin has been way drier than normal.”
“Even though I haven’t changed my at-home skin care routine, my skin’s texture has only gotten worse!”
Sound familiar? If so, you may be suffering from what skin care experts have nicknamed “quarantine skin”: the phenomenon of self-isolation factors negatively impacting your skin’s appearance and health. Today, we here at Clear Skin Solutions are covering what exactly “quarantine skin” is— and how you should be adjusting your at-home skin care routine to address it.
First Things First: What Exactly IS “Quarantine Skin”?
While “quarantine skin” references skin detriments associated with self-isolation, here’s the kicker: “quarantine skin” can happen to the best of us, even if we’re not in self-isolation! Why? Because “quarantine skin” can be caused by:
- An unbalanced diet
- Lack of Vitamin D, which can raise inflammation levels within the body and slow your skin’s repair processes
- Using skin care products with comedogenic ingredients
- A poor or inconsistent sleeping schedule
- Dry indoor air
Meaning that, if you work a job that is primarily indoors, you could be suffering from “quarantine skin” without even realizing.
“Nyki,” I can hear you say, “that sounds just like my skin right now! What can I do about it from home?” We’re glad you asked!
The First and Only Step for Beating “Quarantine Skin”: Ignore Fads
Before you say anything, we’ve heard it all before: Curology worked fantastically for your sister; Drunk Elephant transformed your mom’s skin; The Ordinary cleared your coworker’s friend’s wife’s skin in record time. But do you know why you haven’t seen those miraculous long-term results for your skin yet? Because your skin’s needs are as unique as a fingerprint: what works for your colleague or loved one likely won’t work the same for you (if at all.)
The solution? A consultation with a skin care expert who will examine your skin, your skin’s history, and your lifestyle in order to compile a detailed and science-backed at-home skin care solution just for you.
Whether that be visiting your dermatologist, booking an appointment with us here at Clear Skin Solutions if you have received a recent negative COVID-19 test, or booking a consult for our best-selling Virtual Skin Program— which offers you the opportunity to go through a customized skin-clearing program from the comfort of your own home?— we urge you to choose skin care experts who will provide quality and customized services and advice based on science, empathy, and attention to detail… not trends or hype.
Only a skin care expert will be able to formulate a results-oriented skin-clearing plan that will work not only in the short-term, but will be easy to tailor as your skin changes throughout its journey.
“But Nyki, What if I Want to Swap out Skin Care I KNOW is Only Making My Skin Worse? What Would You Recommend?”
Again, we here at Clear Skin Solutions can’t emphasize enough just how imperative it is to book a consultation with a skin care expert to receive product recommendations that are specific to your skin’s history, needs, and goals.
Our best-selling, most-recommended skin care? That would be a combination of our cleansers, toners, hydrators, and moisturizers. Why?
- Cleansers: science-backed formulas designed to cleanse the skin of dead skin cells, excess sebum, makeup, oil, and bacteria
- Toners: lightweight skin care used to restore the skin’s pH balance, minimize the appearance of pores, prevent ingrown hairs, and even skin tone
- Hydrators: products crafted to deeply hydrate, plump, and reinvigorate the skin
- Moisturizers: heavier formulas that work to lock in moisture, reverse signs of aging, and soothe skin inflammation
- Serums: chock-full of nourishing ingredients, serums fight environmental damage, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and refresh complexions
While we stock a wide range of acclaimed skin care solutions in our online store (and our physical location!), our top twelve best-selling skin care products are, hands-down, our:
- Mandelic Cleanser: a lightweight AHA cleansing gel featuring Mandelic acid and special botanicals that are great for all skin types including oily, blemish-prone, photoaged, sensitive, and uneven skin tones.
- Essential Cleanser: safe for acne-prone skin, this mild cream cleanser will clear skin of dirt, makeup, and oils without depleting the delicate balance of emollients necessary for barrier function.
- Lactic Cleanse: a gentle botanical Alpha Hydroxy Acid-based cleansing creme that revitalizes the skin while offering delicate exfoliating benefits.
- Salicylic Toner: a refreshing toner that utilizes the antimicrobial properties of Salicylic and Benzoic Acid to disinfect the skin after treatment.
- Hydration Toner: a staple of any and every skin care routine, this hyaluronic acid-rich toner deeply hydrates the skin.
- Illuminating Tonic: this synergistic daily -se toner elevates hydration levels while targeting dark spots and areas of uneven skin tone.
- Hyaluronic Hydration: a light, vitamin-rich, water-based gel designed to hydrate, soothe, and calm all skin types.
- Balanced Hydration: a soothing hydrating serum specially crafted for dehydrated skin.
- HA Complex: a highly concentrated Hyaluronic Acid serum that attracts and retains skin hydration through the use of high and low molecular weight proteins, which penetrate the skin and address aging where it begins.
- Ceramide Cream: rich in ceramides, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E, get all day moisturization with just a dime-sized amount.
- Peptide + Moisturizer: a highly concentrated Hyaluronic Acid serum that attracts and retains skin hydration through the use of high and low molecular weight proteins.
- Cascading Infusion: a high-potency cocktail of time-released antioxidants that works to fight free radical-damage.
- Youth Restoring Elixir: Reactivate collagen and dermal stem cell activity with the revitalizing Youth Restoring Elixir.
Looking to hear which combination of proven skin care solutions will put you on the fast-track to clear skin? Reach out today to speak to one of our skin care experts— we can’t wait to see you in person once it’s safe to reopen our doors.